Garlic is probably one of the vegetables I use the most together with onion. My mom puts fresh garlic in almost anything she cooks and I got that from her. Now, the problem with garlic is the scent. Once the garlic is minced, chopped or mashed, the scent of the juice it produce tends to stick to my hand, it's really hard to rinse off. I can scrub and soap my hands lots of times but the scent just sticks.
My mom used to own a big stone mortar and pestle and we used to use that to grind our garlic. With too much pressure, the garlic flies away. LOL. I remember that mortar and pestle was a bit heavy since it's made of stone. Now, I'm glad that there are newer kitchen tools available to make cooking and preparations more easier.
The Garlic Press and Peeler Set from Alpha Grillers has the following features:
1. Premium solid stainless steel garlic press
2. Mince unpeeled cloves with ease (peel stays in - minced garlic comes out!)
3. Ergonimically designed for easy squeezing
4. Works great for pressing ginger too
5. Premium silicone garlic peeler (insert clove -> roll tube back and forth -> tip out perfectly peeled clove)
6. Dishwasher safe
7. Beautifully presented in luxury gift box
8. BONUS EBOOK: "50 Delicious Recipes Using Crushed and Sliced Garlic"
And here are the individual features of the Garlic Peeler and the Garlic Press:
- Simple to use: insert clove -> roll back and forth -> tip out perfectly peeled clove
- Extensively tested to identify the best texture and thickness of silicone for optimal peeling
- Highly durable and dishwasher safe
- Solid stainless steel garlic press will last year after year without any corrosion
- Ergonomically design so very little effort is required to squeeze
- Easily minces both peeled and unpeeled cloves and even works great with ginger!
- Easy to clean and totally dishwasher safe
For the Garlic Peeler, I love how it removed the garlic skin easily. Just a few rolls and the skin comes off. I don't like garlic peelings on my minced and chopped garlic and often times, the need to remove the small garlic peelings and skin are the reason why I need to touch the minced/chopped garlic. With the Garlic Peeler, I skipped the need to remove those left-behind small peelings on my minced/chopped garlic.
The Garlic Press is a heaven sent. I can make perfectly minced garlic without the need to touch the minced garlic. I only need a little force to mince the peeled garlic and I did try to use the garlic press with the garlic's skin on but it's a bit more difficult to press. It is possible but more difficult. The basket is big enough to accommodate bigger garlic cloves so I had no problems with the bigger cloves. The basket also flips over for easier cleaning and I didn't have to touch the minced garlic at all when I used the Garlic Press. So, no garlic-smelling hands for me! :)
For the quality of both the Garlic Press and Peeler, they do look like high quality products and as I've said, I would gladly give it as a gift to those who loves to cook. :)
You can purchase the Garlic Press and Peeler Set from Alpha Grillers on Amazon for $12.97 (currently on sale with this price) with free shipping if you have Prime.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a sample for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I tried personally and believe will be good for my readers. No other form of compensation was received. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.