Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Keep Hair Straight, Reduce Frizz and Fluffiness With Aveda's Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

AvedaNaturallyStraight.jpg

About Aveda Naturally Straight
 
Go from naturally curly to naturally straight. Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight is a lightweight styling creme that progressively loosens curls every time you style.
As you straighten your hair, Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight’s naturally derived plant fibers invisibly attach to hair to loosen curl and help lock in straightness. The formula’s humidity barrier of organic cassava extract and maize defends against frizz. The more you use it, the easier it is to create straight, smooth styles, so you can spend less time with a blow dryer and flat iron every day. It is safe for relaxed and color treated hair. After five consecutive applications of Naturally Straight, hair will stay straight for up to three washes.


AvedaNaturallyStraight.jpg




Here are my results and summary of what I did after applying the Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight on my hair for 5 consecutive days.

Before: Wavy, frizzy and fluffy hair.
Day 1: Used Aveda Smooth Infusion and a Blow Dryer only.
Day 2: Same routine as Day 1.
Day 3: Same routine as Day 1 and 2.
Day 4: Same routine as Day 1,2 and 3.
Day 5: Used a flat iron after blow drying.

Watch the Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight's how-to video below.


And as for me, I took a selfie on the 5th day I used the Aveda Smooth Infusion.

AvedaNaturallyStraight.jpg
MY REVIEW:

I have colored, thick, wavy, frizzy and super fluffy hair which for me is a bit difficult to manage. When left to air dry, my hair would look spongy, fluffy and wavy most of the time. If I use a blow dryer often, my hair would look a bit straighter but still spongy and fluffy. The only solution for me if I want a straight and sleek hair, I would need to use my flat iron. The thing is, I'm a mom of 2 so I'm always on the go so blow drying AND flat irons are not included in my everyday list. The solution: Tie my hair in a ponytail.

The Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight product gave me hope to achieve the straight and shiny hair I wanted. It has a creamy texture, is color white and has a citrus-y scent.

I followed the video above to see how much product I need for my hair density and proceeded to use the Aveda Smooth Infusion on my hair and blow dry it.

When I used it on Day 1, I decided to just stick with blow drying to see if my hair would be straighter after applying the Aveda Smooth Infusion. I didn't see any difference with my blow-drying time and in fact took me a bit longer because I made sure I did it right. It did look straighter but mid-day, the fluffiness returned.

Day 2 wasn't much different but I noticed a difference on Day 3. My hair appeared straighter and it took me less time to blow dry it. The fluffiness still returned late in the afternoon. Day 4 for me was the same as Day 3.

On Day 5, I decided to use a flat iron in addition to blow drying because I noticed I wasn't getting the straight and sleek hair I wanted . After using the flat iron, I achieved the straight and sleek hair I wanted plus my hair looked shinier. It doesn't look like the chemically straightened hair I've experienced before (from salon relaxers) but more of the natural-looking straight hair.

It's supposed to keep hair straight for up to 3 washes after 5 consecutive applications but I noticed that when air dried, my hair is less fluffier and the waves are a bit more subtle. Running the flat iron on my dry hair quickly solved the problem and kept my hair straight.

After using the Aveda Smooth Infusion, I came to the following conclusions:

1. The Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight is NOT a solution if you want to straighten your hair without using any hot styling tools.
2. If you prefer to air dry, it helps with the frizz and the wave a bit but doesn't completely eliminate them.
3. It smells good and helps make hair look shinier.
4. It doesn't really save me time with the blow drying and flat ironing BUT it prevented my hair from becoming fluffy mid-day.
5. A tube will last me a long time since I only need a little amount.
6. I achieved a naturally-looking straight hair as opposed to stiff-looking chemically straightened hair from relaxers.
7. I dyed my hair at home and it was safe to use on my hair.
8. Prevented tangles throughout the day.
9. Made my hair shinier and looked healthier.
10. It protected my hair from being damaged by hot styling tools.

So, I hope you liked my review of the Aveda Naturally Straight and I'll continue to use this because, although I still have to blow dry and flat iron my hair, it eliminated the frizziness and fluffiness of my hair which for me are hard to manage.

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR HAIR STRAIGHT?

 DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the product/s mentioned above complimentary free from SheSpeaks and Aveda to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment