Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Japanese Konjac Sponge - Green Tea Konjac Puff Review


TheJapaneseKonjacSponge.jpg
Have you ever tried a facial sponge before? Well, ever since I've tried one, I must say I was impressed and I've been using it daily ever since.


The Japanese Konjac Sponge has 6 different kinds of Konjac facial puffs and 5 different body sponges for different skin types. All of their Konjac Sponges and Puffs are 100% Natural, vegan and eco-friendly and are made in Japan. It is well-known to remove dirt, oil, blackheads and dead cells while gently exfoliating skin leaving a healthy and radiant skin beneath. The puffs can be used with our without cleanser and contains positive minerals and antioxidants which will help nourish and smooth skin naturally.

I picked the Green Tea Konjac Puff since I have a combination skin type leaning towards the oilier type. Here is a little something about the puff I chose.

The Green Tea Konjac Puff by The Japanese Konjac Sponge is made by adding Green Tea Extract to the Konjac mixture. Japanese Green Tea has a unique sterilizing effect to help facilitate beautiful radiant soft skin by combating inflammation from acne and preventing spots. It is for oily and combination skin type but is safe to use by other skin types. It gently exfoliates skin and helps remove dirt, oil, dead skin cells and blackheads. It thoroughly cleanses skin pores therefore it helps skin look softer and cleaner. It also hydrates skin and balance pH. It can be used daily as a natural cleansing sponge for the face alone or with a cleanser. It is made from 100% Konjac Glucomannan, Green Tea Extract and Green Clay. It's unscented and made in Dunma Prefecture, Japan. It is paraben-free and doesn't contain any harmful chemicals, preservative agents, bactericide or fungicide. The sponge is to be replaced every 4 to 6 weeks.

After reading the instructions, I proceeded to try the Green Tea Konjac Puff by The Japanese Konjac Sponge.

Before first use, I soaked the puff in warm water to soften it. Do not use it out of the plastic because it's hard. :) You can soak it in a bowl with warm water but I soaked mine under running water for less than 5 minutes and it's good to go. Since all puffs and sponges are handmade, some of the might take up to 15 minutes to fully soften but as for me, it took less than 5 minutes. If you're wondering how I knew if the sponge was ready to use, here's a tip. If you can press the puff/sponge between your hands without feeling any hard part inside the puff/sponge, then the puff/sponge is good to go. And, after the first use, the sponge softens faster. :)

Here is my daily routine for about a week now. I squeeze the excess water by pressing the puff between my palms. Just another tip, do not twist, stretch or wring the puff/sponge hard as this might damage the sponge.

Before using the puff, I wash my face with warm water first. I then use the puff by gently massaging it on my face in a circular motion. I start on my chin, then my cheeks, nose and forehead.

I use the puff daily for about 3 minutes because it felt nice. For me, I like that it has the right amount of roughness to help exfoliate the skin on my face better. I don't use a cleanser together with the puff and I noticed that the puff has a slight matcha green tea scent. It's very subtle but I did smell it.

Every after use, I soak the puff in hot water to disinfect it. Since it didn't say how long I should soak it in, I soak it for about 5 minutes. I squeeze the excess water by pressing the sponge between my palms and then hung it to dry.

After using the Green Tea Konjac Puff for almost a week, I noticed a softer, clearer skin. The whiteheads on the sides of my nose, which by the way seems to be always there, have lessened a lot. I love how my skin felt smoother and brighter. It's very easy to use, relaxing and it works. It's all natural, doesn't irritate my skin and lessened my acne break-outs as well. :)

You can visit The Japanese Konjac Sponge Website to learn more about their other puff variety or to purchase the puff/sponge. VISIT OR BUY IT HERE.

DISCLAIMER: I have received one or more product/s mentioned above to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you!
    matcha tea

    ReplyDelete