Thursday, August 28, 2014

100% Plant Based Konjac Facial Sponge by Oleavine Review


I always use a loofah or a sponge for my body but I can't believe I've never thought of using a facial sponge before. I regularly use facial masks and use a cleanser everyday but this is the first time I'll try a facial sponge so when Oleavine sent me their 100% Natural Konjac Fiber Ultra Soft Facial Sponge, I was a bit excited to try it.

Oleavine's Konjac Facial Sponge is 100% natural, eco-friendly and biodegradable. The Konjac Fiber used is grown on the pristine plains of Jeju Island in South Korea, free from chemicals, pollution and irritants. The sponge gently exfoliates, cleanses and is naturally pH balanced. The activated bamboo charcoal absorbs toxins, fights bacteria and excess oils leaving your face glowing, refreshed and radiant. Even preps skin to boost the absorption of your favorite serums and creams. It is relaxing and gentle for daily use for all skin types.

When I received my Oleavine Konjac Facial Sponge, I was kind of shocked at how hard it was and thought my face would definitely peel if I used this. It has a dark gray color and has a teardrop shape. My shocked phase didn't last long after I read the instructions. :)

So I removed the plastic wrapper of the Konjac Sponge and followed the instructions. There's also a string at the broader side of the sponge for easy storage/hanging.


I initially let it soak under luke warm running water. It took less than a minute for the Konjac sponge to absorb water and soften up.

When it was thoroughly soaked in water, it became soft and squeezable. Since I had make-up on when I decided to try the Konjac Facial Sponge, I squeezed a little of my cream cleanser onto the sponge then used it to cleanse my face. The sponge felt smooth and soft against my skin and it feels nice and relaxing. The next time I used it, which was the next day, I was in the shower. I used it just before I stepped out of the shower. I didn't put any soap or cleansers on the sponge and just used it all over my face in a circular motion. At first, I wondered how it can exfoliate my skin if it's so soft and smooth but after using it everyday for more than a week now, I saw a difference on my skin. My skin looked clearer and felt smoother. I also noticed decreased whiteheads on my nose. My complexion also became a little even and I noticed less breakouts.

After trying out Oleavine's 100% Plant Based Konjac Facial Sponge, I have to say I should've discovered this way way before. I've noticed a difference in my skin and I love how it gently exfoliates my skin.

Just a tip, squeeze excess water from the Konjac Sponge by pressing it in between your palms. Do not crumple it while squeezing as this might destroy the delicate fiber networks inside the sponge. :) This will prolong the life of your Oleavine Konjac Sponge. :)

You can visit the Oleavine WEBSITE to learn more about their products or if you'd like to purchase your own Oleavine Konjac Sponge, you can buy it on Amazon for just $10.00 and free shipping on orders over $35.00. BUY IT HERE.

DISCLAIMER: I have received one or more product/s mentioned above to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment