Saturday, August 2, 2014

100% Australian Tea Tree Oil from Apothecary Extracts Review + FREE Recipe Guide


Have you ever heard of Tea Tree Oil? I might've heard it before or saw it as one of the ingredients in some product because it sounds familiar but I actually haven't tried the actual 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil.

When Apothecary Extracts asked me if I can try and do a review on their 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil, I didn't hesitate to accept because this is something new to me.

Before we go on to my review, I researched a little bit about Tea Tree Oils and let me share you what I found out about it.

Tea Tree Oil is extracted from the leaves of a tree called Melaleuca alternifolia or in common terms, the tea tree. The aboriginal Australians used the Melaleuca alternifolia leaves for their antimicrobial properties but at present, substances from tea tree oil are found out to have the "big three" antimicrobial properties which are: anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

Okay so what are some modern uses of Tea Tree Oil?

It can be used for skin care, first aid, household cleaning, hair care, aromatherapy, feminine care, chronic illnesses and dental care. The Apothecary Extracts provides a guide on how to use their 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil in 53 ways! They'll send it free if you buy their 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil.

When I opened the box of the 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil Apothecary Extracts sent me, I was a bit overwhelmed by the strong scent of the oil. It has a strong, earthy/woody scent which is actually not irritating to the nose. My sister saw the bottle and told me that in 1 of her acne medication before, tea tree oil was an ingredient so I couldn't wait to try it on my BIG acne.

Since I don't have an aloe gel, I just put a drop of the 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil on my palm and dabbed my finger on the oil and just applied it to my big acne before I went to bed. The oil has a light brown color and the scent is actually calming. The next day, my BIG acne didn't vanish like magic but the redness has subsided.

I also found out on their guide that I can use it for dandruff. I've had a problem with dandruff ever since I was in college and I use Nizoral at least thrice a week to control it. Again, I don't have the lavender in hand so I made do with diluting about 3 drops of tea tree oil with about a cup of water and then massaging it on my scalp. I left it for about 5 minutes and then rinsed it. The mixture made my scalp less dry and less flaky than usual.

I can't wait to try the other uses of tea tree oil and I also read it's great as a household cleaner. I'll be sure to try it next time. :)

You can purchase the Apothecary Extracts 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil on Amazon for $19.99 per 4 oz. bottle. You can BUY IT HERE.

DISCLAIMER: I have received one or more product/s mentioned above to to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment