Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I always look for ways to prepare vegetables in a fun and "child-attracting" way. My daughters, who are 3 and 5, are picky eaters and the only vegetable they would eat would be corn.

SuperSwizz sent me their Spiral Slicer and I couldn't wait to try my "child-attracting" vegetable ideas. This is the first time I'm trying a Spiral Slicer so I couldn't contain my excitement.

The SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer is a very simple kitchen gadget. It has 2 different openings and each opening can either cut a 2x3 mm or 3.5x5 mm Julienne size. Also included in the box is a white brush to clean the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer.




 There's also a cover included to "hold" the vegetable when it becomes too small to hold by hand.


I first tried it on carrots but it didn't work out quite well. The carrot was too thin for the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer and all it did was slice the carrots like shredded or grated cheese.

Next I tried to slice a cucumber. I like cucumber salads so I was excited to slice it. I was hoping to make some spiral pasta-like cucumber but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would because the cucumber gets stuck on the blades. I can turn it for about 4 to 5 times but after that, I would have to clean up the cucumber bits that gets stuck on the blades.


The initial cucumber piece also got stuck on the hole inside the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer and in order for me to remove the stuck cucumber, I had to use the white brush to push it out. Don't put your finger inside to push the stuck vegetable out because the blades are sharp! Cleaning it requires a bit of time because as I've said, small pieces of cucumber got stuck on the blade and I had to brush it out a couple of minutes to remove the cucumbers on the blades.


This is the end result of my Cucumber Salad. It looks tasty right? :)

I'm not sure if maybe because it's my first time to use the SpiralSwizz Spiral Slicer but I needed some time to figure out how to properly rotate the cucumber and how to apply just the right pressure to cut my pasta-like cucumber. Applying too much pressure would shred and juice the cucumber but not enough pressure wouldn't slice the cucumber. Since I haven't owned any other Spiral Slicers, I can't compare it to any similar kitchen gadget. BUT, I know and I'm sure that I wouldn't have made my cucumber salad without the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer. The bonus, my daughters were drawn to the pasta-like cucumber salad and decided they like it! :)

I did make a nice cucumber salad and I can't wait to try other vegetables like Zucchini and sweet potatoes next time. :) As the old saying go, "Practice makes perfect!" :)

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment