Friday, June 27, 2014

Stylophora Ice Ball Mold Review




I'm not sure if our family is weird but we can't drink soda without ice. Even if the can or bottle was refrigerated already, we can't drink it straight up without ice. So when StyloPhora sent me a pack of their Ice Ball Mold, I was excited to try it.


The Ice Ball Mold from Stylophora is designed for making large perfectly round ice balls. It is made of silicone and also comes with a silicone funnel (the blue thing in the picture) used to help fill up the ice molds without spilling the water.


Like all things new, I washed it first prior to using it. I closed the Stylophora Ice ball mold by putting together the 2-halves and making sure that they fit right.


Next, I un-popped the blue silicone funnel and filled up the Stylophora Ice Ball Mold. Just a little experiment, I tried to fill up one Stylophora Ice Ball Mode without using the funnel and it works but most of the water spills on the side of the hole, unless I open the faucet just a little then it's fine.


The water should only go up to the black line.


I set it inside the freezer and waited for about 4 hours for the ice to freeze. My daughters couldn't wait for the ice balls to freeze.


Fast forward 4 hours, here are the ice balls! :)


I couldn't wait to pop it out.. :)


It was very easy to pop the ice out and I didn't have to apply too much pressure on the ice mold to pop it out. I was a bit disappointed though because the ice ball has some cracks on it. It didn't fall apart but there were cracks inside it. Maybe it's from my handling but the next set of ice balls I made were more perfect than this. :)

I love how easy it is to use the Stylophora Ice Ball Mold. It takes longer for the ice balls to freeze than with our regular sized ice cube trays but it takes longer for these to melt. I also love how cool the ice balls look on our drinks. My daughters love it and I love it as well. :)

You can learn more about the Stylophora Ice Ball Molds on their WEBSITE.

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received one or more product/s mentioned above to to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment