One of the things I mastered when I was studying? Operating the microscope. I knew every part of the microscope and I marvel at the different types of cells, parasites, sediments and other microorganisms from different kinds of body fluids we examine under the microscope. Of course I can go on and on and tell you about my college life BUT I have to stick to why I'm writing this post.
So after the long introduction, can you guess why I opened up about my college days.
Well, if you guessed that my post is about a microscope, then you're right! Just that, my review would be a microscope for young kids.
So after trying out the GeoSafari Jr.'s My First Microscope, here are my thoughts:
- Super simple to operate and meant for younger kids. I think this is for kids 5 and under because of its simplicity. :)
- The rubbery knob makes it easier for young kids to grasp and turn.
- The 2 extra-large viewing eyepieces are great for those little eyes. My 3 year old daughter didn't have a hard time peeking through the eyepieces.
- The stage light helps to brighten the stage and to see the specimen (toys, flowers, coins, etc.) better if it's a bit dark.
- The stage light doesn't have an automatic off button. I do prefer toys to have an automatic shut-off feature because my daughters almost always forgets to turn their electronic toys off. On the brighter side, they can learn how to be responsible in turning off the light in their My First Microscope.
- The stage is big enough to accomodate small and big specimens, again I'm referring to toys, flowers, crayons, etc. Don't expect to fit a book or a playhouse on the stage! LOL. Bigger things means a whole flower, a Barbie doll, a cookie or the likes. :)
- The microscope is made out of plastic and is light enough to be carried around by my 3 year old. It's perfect to bring on the go because it only comes in 1 piece.
Did I see something I don't like with the GeoSafari Jr.'s My First Microscope?
I actually like it because it's a great educational toy which introduces early science. I just wish the stage light has an automatic shut-off function because my daughters don't really remember turning their toys off.
You can purchase the My First Microscope by GeoSafari Jr. on Amazon for $18.80 with free shipping if you have Prime.
You can also visit and connect with the Educational Insights' social media sites:INSTAGRAM
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a sample for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I tried personally and believe will be good for my readers. No other form of compensation was received. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”