I can't wait to try this because I can't wait to see how it works.
This multi-function digital body fat scale provides accurate body weight measurement and tracks body fat, total body water, muscle mass, bone mass, and kcal, it tells you how much kilo-calories you need to consume each day to keep your body weight. It hold up to 4 user profiles, 11x9.6 inches retangle high tempered glass platform and 0.90" (23mm) thickness, sleek, low-profile, moden design and its ability to monitor personal fitness levels, it is a perfect tool for any family.
BIA Technology and Accurancy
With the latest 4 G-Sensors it provides high precision body weight measurement. It is enabled by the latest Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA) technology with 4-electrode measurement to estimate the percentage of body fat, body water, and muscle & bone mass. BIA is considered reasonably accurate for measuring groups, or for tracking body composition in an individual over a period of time, but is not considered sufficiently accurate for recording of single measurements of individuals. In recent years technological improvements have made BIA a more reliable and therefore more acceptable way of measuring body composition under most conditions, as the BIA is based on body water balance, your state of hydration can impact the level of accuracy. Overall the BIA provides an inexpensive, reliable way to estimate and track body fat level.
Size: 11x9.6x0.9" / 280x245x23mm
Weight Capacity: 150 kg / 330 lb
Weight Unit: kg /lb
Weight Graduation: 0.1 kg / 0.2 lb
Body Fat Graduation: 0.1%
4 Users profile memory
Low battery indication
Over load indication
The scale can store up to 4 users and is very easy to set-up. I set-up a profile for me and hubby. when setting up a profile, don't forget to pick the correct gender. I made a mistake on my profile and clicked the male gender instead of the female one and the readings differ greatly. :)
Here is a video of how it displays the different measurements.
What are my thoughts about the Surpahs Dual-S Body Fat Scale:
- I like the color. It's very simple and elegant.
- The weight measurement is accurate.
- I like the large LCD display. I don't have 20/20 vision so the large, blue back-lit display helps a lot so that I don't have to bend over to see the display clearly.
- It has an automatic on/off function. I just step on the scale to automatically take my weight. I step off and it turns off after a few seconds.
- I have to read the instruction booklet first to find out the equivalent of the images on the scale.
- It automatically recognizes the user's profile. If your profile isn't stored, it only shows the weight. If you've created a user profile, it automatically shows the percentage of body fat, body water, bone mass and muscle mass.
- The instruction booklet has a guide on the normal range of the percentage calculated.
- Batteries are already included. I like products which already has batteries included because I don't have to worry about the batteries anymore.
- Same with other digital bathroom scales, if I move the scale, I would have to recalibrate it again. It's fairly easy to recalibrate. I just step on the scale (make sure it's in a flat surface), wait for it to take my weight, step off, wait for it to turn off, then step on again to take my weight. So, if you see you've gained 3 to 4 lbs. when you step on this scale after you moved it, DON'T PANIC! You just need to recalibrate it. :)
I have to step barefoot so that my body fat, body water, bone mass and muscle mass percentages can be measured. I couldn't say if the body fat, body water, bone mass and muscle mass percentages are accurate since this is the first time I owned a scale which measures these parameters but according to the booklet, I am within normal range. :)
You can purchase the Surpahs Dual-S Body Fat Scale on Amazon for $35.00 with free shipping if you have Prime. Right now, you can enter the code REWCUT10 at checkout and receive $10 off the Dual-S Body Scale! :) Hurry the coupon code ends October 30, 2014!
You can also connect with Surpahs' Social Networks:
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a sample for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I tried personally and believe will be good for my readers. No other form of compensation was received. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.