Friday, May 9, 2014

Zingo! Word Builder Game for Kids Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I love it when games and toys are fun and at the same time educational because for me, my daughters absorb and retain what they learned better when they're having fun.

When ThinkFun sent me their Zingo! Word Builder game, I was so happy since it's perfect for my 5 year old daughter.

The Zingo!® Word Builder  is for children ages 5 and up, Grades K – 2nd. It's for 2 to 6 players and has an MSRP of $19.99.

Here is a little something about the Zingo! Word Builder.

Build early reading skills three letters at a time, nurturing vocabulary and spelling
Zingo! Word Builder boosts confidence in early readers, guiding them to form three letter words in the spirit of the ever-popular Zingo! Players slide the Zinger to reveal letters and place matches on their cards to build simple words like cat, dog and jar. Beginner and Advanced levels of play appeal to beginning and more established readers.

The Zingo! Word Builder came in a very colorful and nice box and my daughters couldn't wait to try it. :) Even my 3 year old daughter, who I know wouldn't understand the game yet, was so excited to try it.


The contents were:
  • 1 Zingo! Zinger with Easy Cleanup!
  • 72 Letter Tiles
  • 6 Double-sided Zingo! Cards

It was very easy to set-up since the tiles are already inside the Zingo! Zinger (the red one in the picture). The Double-sided Zingo! Cards has 2 levels. One side is the beginner level where there is only 1 missing letter to form a word and the other side is the advanced level (pictured above) which has 2 missing letters to form a word.


 Pictured above is a simple diagram on how to play the Zingo! Word Builder.

My daughters had fun with the Zingo! Zinger. They had fun sliding the Zinger forward. My 3 year old daughter loved putting the letters back because there's a small hole for the tile on the Zinger. It's more convenient as well because I wouldn't have to open it anymore to put back the tiles. She said it was like a mailbox. LOL. :) What I noticed was that sometimes the Zingo! Zinger gets stuck when my 3 year old daughter pulls it forward but I can just easily fix it.


In this round, my 5 year old daughter won. She formed her own words and I was happy that she practiced her spelling as well as her vocabulary. I helped my 3 year old form her words and she got 2nd place. Guess who got 3rd place? ME. LOL. :) 

I like that my daughters love the Zingo! Word Builder. It is specially helpful for my 5 year old daughter who is just starting to read and spell. 

You can visit the ThinkFun website to learn more about the Zingo! Word Builder and to find other products as well.

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a Zingo! Word Builder to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment