Sunday, May 11, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I've tried Adovia's Dead Sea Mud Mask and Dead Sea Mud Soap Bar and loved both products they sent me. I was so happy that they gave me another opportunity to try their Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo.

Here is a description of the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo from Adovia:

The Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo is made from natural ingredients such as Dead Sea Mud, Chamomile and Olive Oil to bring deep hydration and moisture to the scalp, relieving itching and flakiness. Dead Sea Mud has been known for centuries for it's healing properties and people travel from all over the world to come and experience it's effects at the Dead Sea. Dead Sea Salts and Mud have been featured on CNN, in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Dead Sea Mud contains the highest concentration of minerals found in mud anywhere in the world. Finally the benefits of Dead Sea mud and salt are presented to you in shampoo form! These minerals are all essential for proper skin function and help to regulate moisture retention as well as hydration.

I have dry, frizzy hair and I am prone to dandruff and flakes. My scalp is quite dry and sometimes a bit itchy but my hair tend to be oily if I don't wash it everyday. I've tried countless dandruff shampoos but in my experience, they only work for at most a week then my dandruff returns. The only thing that works on my dandruff is the Nizoral shampoo but that makes my hair more dry.

When I received the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo, I can't help but notice the dark and shiny gray color of the shampoo. I opened it and the scent is nice. Not flower-y or fruity but something different from my usual shampoos.

I tried the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo and I noticed that it doesn't lather as much as my current shampoo. I actually liked it because it was easier to rinse off. Although my hair is short, it tangles easily so it's not a surprise for me that I needed a conditioner afterwards. I used my usual conditioner after using the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo and they worked great together. The consitency of the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo is thicker and I only needed a small amount for my hair.

As for my dandruff, itchy and dry scalp, I noticed an instant relief specially on my dry and itchy scalp. After using the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo, I noticed a lot less flaking on my scalp. It also relieved the itching on my scalp which I usually feel mid-day or at the end of the day. My hair also became more manageable and shiny as well. I do color my hair so I am glad and happy that my hair looked better and shinier after using the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo.

Here is a photo of me after using the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo. My hair feels soft and bouncy and it looks shinier and healthier. I love the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo and I can truly say going back to more natural products is healthier for my skin as well as my hair. :)

You can find the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo on their website or on Amazon priced at $24 for a 7.4 fl. oz. bottle.

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received an Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog.

    Ecru Sea Clean Shampoo

    ReplyDelete