Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Solid Cordz Premium Gold Plated with Ethernet (28 AWG) HDMI Cable Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I've been hearing HDMI cables for quite some time now and honestly, this is actually the first time I'll be trying out an HDMI cable.

The Solid Cordz Premium Gold Plated with Ethernet (28 AWG) HDMI Cable has the following product specifications:

- 6ft High Speed HDMI® Cable with Ethernet 28 AWG

- HDMI® provides an interface between any audio/video source, such as set-top boxes, Blue-ray Disc players, DVD players, video game consoles, AV receivers and an audio and/or video monitor, such as digital television or plasma monitor, over a single cable.

- Our High Speed HDMI® cables with Ethernet have been designed to meet the performance standards set by HDMI 1.4 and have passed stringent Category 2 testing. They are backward compatible to all previous versions.

Below are the major enhancements introduced in the HDMI 1.4 specification

• HDMI® Ethernet Channel - The HDMI 1.4 specification adds a data channel to the HDMI® connection, enabling high-speed, bi-directional communication. Connected devices that include this feature can send and receive data via 100 Mb/sec Ethernet, making them instantly ready for any IP-based application.

• Audio Return Channel - The new specification adds an audio channel that will reduce the number of cables required to deliver audio "upstream" from a TV to an A/V receiver for processing and playback. In cases where a TV features an internal content source, such as a built-in tuner or DVD player, the Audio Return Channel allows the TV to send audio data upstream to the A/V receiver via the HDMI cable, eliminating the need for an extra cable.

• 3D Support - The 1.4 version of the specification defines common 3D formats and resolutions for HDMI-enabled devices, enabling 3D gaming and other 3D video applications.

• 4K Resolution Support - The new specification enables HDMI devices to support extremely high HD resolutions, effectively four times the resolution of a 1080p device. Support for 4K allows the HDMI interface to transmit digital content at the same resolution as the state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems used in many movie theaters.

The 2 cords I received came in 2 different plastic bags and liked it because they were packed separately and neatly. The HDMI cords also comes with a plastic cover for each metal connector so that the metal connectors are protected when stored or not in use.

I used one of the Solid Cordz Premium HDMI Cable to connect our laptop to our TV and the picture and sound quality was very clear and nice. The length of the HDMI cord was just right. I was glad because I really don't like it when cords are too long or too short.

I used the other Solid Cordz Premium HDMI Cable to connect our Roku to our TV and I instantly noticed a clearer picture quality. It's much better than the AV cables, you know the red, white and yellow cables which I often mix up and end up putting them on the wrong port. Now I know I'll never go back to those confusing AV cables. :)

Since I don't have any gaming platforms or 3D TV, I couldn't give a review on that.

The Solid Cordz Premium HDMI Cable is available on Amazon for $35 + Free shipping.

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a Solid Cordz HDMI Cable to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment