Monday, May 12, 2014

Baker's Mat - Silicone Baking Mat Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Aside from cupcakes and muffins, my daughters LOVE it when I bake cookies as well so when Baker's Mat sent me a Silicone Baking Mat to try, I was super excited to try it.

The Baker's Mat replaces the need for parchment paper and cooking sprays. It is FDA approved and dishwasher safe. It also cleans easily with just soap and water. It lays flat and is great for baking cookies, rolling dough, making candy or pizza dough. The Baker's Mat easily handles extreme temperatures of the freezer, microwave and all types of oven. It withstands temperatures from -40°F to 480°F (-40°C to 249°C).

When I received my Baker's Mat, we immediately baked some cookies. I was that excited to try the silicone mat. I've tried silicone baking cups and silicone muffin pans but this is the first time I've tried a silicone mat.


When I took the cookies out (please pardon the burnt edges because I completely over-baked the cookies :)), I was surprised that the bottom of the cookies didn't turn into dark brown. When I use parchment paper when baking cookies, the bottom of the cookies become darker and sometimes a little burnt. I was glad that the Baker's Mat prevented that. I was also surprised because when I took the cookie tray out of the oven, some of the cookies almost fell off the cookie tray because they weren't sticking on the mat. Don't get me wrong but I loved that because that means easier clean-up for me! :)

I haven't tried putting it in the freezer or using it in the microwave. I can say that after washing it with little soap and water, my Baker's Mat looked new again. It didn't even look like I've used it already. :)

I love my Baker's Mat and I love that it's very durable and that I would finally save on parchment papers. :)

You can visit Baker's Mat on their Website, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon page.

DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a Baker's Mat - Silicone Baking Mat to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment