Wednesday, April 9, 2014

7 Reasons Why I Love To Use Mud Masks


Using the right kind of mud mask AND using it correctly have a lot of benefits that's why I have 7 reasons why I love using mud masks at least once a week.


1. Mud masks help make pores look smaller - I have a problem with visible pores so using a mud mask help me a lot. Appearance and larger size of pores are associated with genetics and age. Eliminating pores is not really possible but mud masks help make pores appear smaller by removing trapped dirt and oil inside them.

2.  Mud masks clarify and detoxify your skin - I tend to have acne breakouts specially at that time of the month. Using a mud mask minimizes my breakouts because it absorbs trapped dirt and oil inside the pores.

3. Mud masks helps in controlling oiliness - Aside from having larger than normal pores, I have an oily skin type. I may have a normal skin after I wash my face but an hour or 2 later, my face would have turned into a frying pan. Okay I just said that in exaggeration to make you laugh. :) My face DOES become oily and shiny after an hour or 2, specially when it's hot and humid, but not to the extent of looking like a human frying pan. Since mud masks absorb excess oil, this helps in making the skin less oilier. :)

4. Mud masks tighten your skin - If you've ever tried to use a mud mask, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't tried it, I'll explain the feeling. :) When the mud mask starts drying, it kind of gives a tightening, pressure-like feeling on the skin. Don't worry. It feels very nice and doesn't hurt at all. :) So after I wash out the dried mud mask, my skin feels tighter than usual for a few days but sad to say, it's not permanent. Because of the tightening feeling, we go to reason number 5. :)

5. Mud masks improve circulation in your skin - As I've said, it's because of the tightening feeling. :)

6. Mud masks make skin looking radiant - After washing off the mud mask, the skin instantly looks radiant and lively because of the improved circulation on the face.

7. Mud masks help you relax - Yes that 15 minutes of just lying down and waiting for the mud mask to dry gives a very relaxing and calm feeling.


So those are the reasons why I love using mud masks. It helps my skin a lot and choosing the right one for your skin type will definitely help your face look healthier, more radiant and younger. :)

Have you tried a mud mask before? Do you have a favorite brand? :)

If you want to try a mud mask or looking for a brand to try, check out my review of these mud masks:

Montagne Jeunesse Clay Infused Dead Sea Mud Masque

Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Mask


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that mud masks actually improved circulation. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info will try this

    ReplyDelete