When I received the Identity Stronghold's RFID blocking credit card sleeves and passport holders, the first thing that I thought was their simplicity. Here is a quick product description from the company:
What card types will Number 1 in Service products shield and protect against EP?
The patented Secure Sleeves are designed to shield from electronic pickpocketing (EP) all 13.56Mhz contactless credit cards, passports, drivers licenses, ISO 14443A/B and EPC Gen1/Gen2 contactless smart cards; any contactless card that operates at 13.56 Mhz and above.
Our Sleeves Shield These Types of Cards:
• All new contactless credit cards and debit cards
• US Passport Cards
• Enhanced Driver's Licenses such as Washington, Michigan, New York, Vermont, and Canadian provinces.
• Many transit cards such as the DC Metro and Boston CharlieTM card
• TWICTM (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
• HID iClass, HID MIFARE®, HID FlexSmart, DESFire
• Indala FlexSmart
• Any card ISO 14443A/B or ISO 15693 compatible
• All MIFARE® and DESFire compatible cards
• sQuid cards used in Europe
• Military CAC (Common Acess Cards)
• New Government PIV (Personal Identity Verification) cards such as the Linc-Pass
• New long range RFID EPC Gen1/Gen2 cards
How RFID Blocking Works
By creating a shield that blocks the ability to power and communicate with the RFID chip, our products protect personal information stored on these items. Unfortunately, industry-standard security measures implemented for user protection are easily by-passed with modification, so complete protection requires additional security.
The sleeves and the passport holder have a deep blue color and each of them have a blank white space so that I can label what card/passport is inside. This makes it much more convenient because I don't have to check each sleeves or passport holder to see which card is which.
I also like that this came in a set of 10 credit card sleeves which is more than enough for me and hubby's cards. I never had an RFID blocking passport holder before, and never really thought about it before, but I'm glad that our passports are protected as well.
Some parts of the edge of the sleeves have lost the deep blue color, maybe from pulling it out of my wallet and putting it back in, but it didn't really affect the purpose of the sleeves. They work as they should and I love how I can be assured that our cards and identities are safe.
You can purchase the Identity Stronghold RFID Blocking Credit Card Sleeves and Passport Holders HERE.