Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ProPresser Professional Garlic Press Review



I'm Asian, from the Philippines to be specific, and my mom almost always puts garlic on every dish she cooks so I picked that up from her. When I was younger, she used to use a BIG mortar and pestle to grind the fresh cloves of garlic and sometimes uses a knife to chop them into tiny pieces. Now the problem with garlic is that the scent of the juice from the garlic sticks. Even if I wash my hands a lot of times, the scent stubbornly sticks on my fingers.

The ProPresser Professional Garlic Press by Orblue was the answer to my problems. It is made from stainless steel and it easily minces garlic in one press. It has a large capacity basket which can hold even the bigger garlic clove and you can press even without taking the peels of the garlic off. The best part, no more garlic smelling hands because I don't have to touch the minced garlic!

So when the time came for me to cook, which was of course almost as soon as I received the ProPresser Garlic Press since I cook everyday, I was super excited to try it. I instantly saw the nice quality of the ProPresser Garlic Press. It is actually pretty, shiny and a bit heavy maybe because it's made of stainless steel. I washed it first prior to first use to make sure it's clean. I placed a piece of garlic clove (unpeeled) in the basket and squeezed the two handles shut.

It takes a little bit of effort to squish the garlic inside but not to the point of straining to squeeze the two handles together. It produced this perfectly minced garlic which is also perfect for dipping sauces (we love a dipping sauce for grilled pork made out of soysauce, vinegar, onions, minced garlic and sugar). I used a knife to scrape off the minced garlic and the peeled skin inside the basket and repeated the procedure until I got my desired amount of minced garlic.

The clean-up was very easy as well. The ProPresser Garlic Press' basket can flip over so I just placed a drop of dish soap, ran it under running water and the bits of garlic left on the basket came off easily.

If you're interested to purchase the ProPresser Professional Garlic Press, you can purchase it on AMAZON for $18.99 (sale price now! original price is $69.97!).

DISCLAIMER: I have received one or more product/s mentioned above to to try however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment