Morning Pep sent me a 4 lb. bag and a 1 lb. bag of their 100% Organic Coconut Flour and I was excited to try it. Before I share with you my recipe, here's something about the Morning Pep's 100% Organic Coconut Flour from the company:
- 100% pure organic Coconut flour; Vegan, gluten-free, Kosher and USDA certified organic by Control Unio
- Coconut flour is High in fiber and low in sodium and digestible carbohydrates, and very low in cholesterol
- Coconut Flour is Delicious and is a Healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours
- Coconut Flour is an excellent source of dietary fiber that facilitates healthy digestion and absorption of vitamins and minerals
- Morning Pep Coconut Flour is Packaged in a convenient resealable stand up pouches to preserve freshness and purity
Since I'm already fond of Morning Pep's Almond Flour, I decided to substitute the Morning Pep's Coconut Flour to my Flourless Almond Banana Pancakes.
For this recipe, I used:
- 4 Tbsp. Morning Pep Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Vanilla Soy Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs (can be with or without the yolk)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/8 Cup almonds
- butter (for the pan when cooking the pancakes)
I suggest doing smaller-sized pancakes when cooking this because compared to a flour-based pancake, the Flourless Almond Banana Coconut Pancake crumbles easier.
I like how the Coconut Flour replaces a regular flour because it has lower carbs, high fiber content and is very low in cholesterol. For those who are looking for gluten-free food and alternatives, this is a must try because it taste really good.
I can't wait to try other recipes using the Morning Pep's Coconut Flour. :)
You can purchase the Morning Pep's Coconut Flour in a 1 lb. bag or a 4 lb. bag on Amazon.
Would you like to win either a 4 lb. bag of Morning Pep's Coconut Flour or a 5 lb. bag of Morning Pep's Almond Flour? Well, I'm very excited to share with you that Morning Pep has generously offered a giveaway for either of the 2 bags (your choice)! Just head on over to the rafflecopter form below to enter. :) **NOTE: Winner will have to leave a review on Amazon for the bag they choose. Good Luck! :)
DISCLAIMER: 1 Winner will receive choice of a 4 lb. bag of Morning Pep's Coconut Flour or 5 lb. bag of Almond Flour. Giveaway will start April 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM PST and will end May 4, 2015 at 12:00 AM PST. This will be open to US residents only. The prize cannot be shipped to a P.O. box address. Winners will be notified by email and will have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. I am not responsible for prize fulfillment. My role is to give the sponsor the information of the winner and they will directly ship the prize to the winner. I have received a product/s mentioned above to in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I do not share or sell information and all information shared with me will solely be used for prize shipment. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.