Monday, February 24, 2014

Private Island Party - St. Patrick's Day Costume/Accessories Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
StPatricksDayCostume.jpg
My daughters love dressing up so when Private Island Party sent me some cute St. Patrick's Day Accessories to review, I was excited.

I received the accessories in the above photo. My daughters were excited about the headbands and the glasses.


The glasses were very cute.  The quality is okay considering the price of the glasses. My daughters love the glasses and tried it on but it's a little big for them (they're almost 3 and 5). The glasses are for older children or adults. It fits perfect on me.

It's priced at $4.99 and you can find it here.


When my daughters saw the headband, they immediately wanted to try it. Who wouldn't want to try the headband with the springy clover right? :) I think it's cute but it would fall off my daughters' heads maybe because the headband itself is too big or the springy clover is heavy. I tried it on me and it fits okay. I tried to shake my head and it stayed in place. :)

These are just $0.99 each so they're a good price for me. :) You can find it here.

The Shamrock beads were made of plastic and is very light. I think for the price of $4.99, they're a bit expensive. Although the size is big, I personally think this should be priced lower. :) You can find the Shamrock beads here.



My favorite would have to be the Newsboy cap because it looks cute. It's description says it's a sequin newsboy cap but the shiny round things weren't sequins. The round shiny dots were more of like plastic foil BUT that being said, the Newsboy cap is really cute. :)

The Newsboy cap is priced at $5.99. You can find it here.


My almost 3 year old daughter tried on everything and see the headband falling off? I tried to do something about it so that it will stay in place. :)

See? Clips would make the headband stay in place! :) I put the springy headband in between 2 clips on her hair and it fits fine.

I think the best value out of the different accessories they sent me would be the headbands. Because it's a one-time use accessory (and because I look at the price first), I would definitely visit the dollar tree first. The quality of some of the accessories I received might be better than that of the items at the Dollar Tree but as I've said, for a one-time use, I will definitely go for the items at Dollar Tree. :) But, if you plan on keeping these for next year or you want quality over price, then Private Island Party is perfect for your St. Patrick's Day celebration.

Private Island Party offers a wide variety of accessories and costumes for everyone! You can check their website to see more options.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. I can take or leave St. Patricks Day, but I have a friend who LOVES it and goes all out. I have to admit, I do enjoy the delicious dinner she invites me to every year. Some of the items you showed would be great as a little "thank you" gift to her for having me over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day too but it's nice to dress up once in a while. :) Oh yes these would make great thank you gifts. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I'll look for the headband to wear to the office on St. Patrick's Day! I think it would be cute!

    ReplyDelete