Monday, December 16, 2013

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo Review #NYMCleanFreak

I received a Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo and I was like SAY WHAT??! I don't need water to shampoo my hair?! Oh yes this is the first time I'll be trying a dry shampoo and I was a little bit skeptical about it because okay, let's be honest, how can you remove the oiliness of your hair without rinsing it with water?

Okay so here goes my "dry shampoo" adventure. :)


As you can see, this is my hair after 1 day of not shampooing (by 1 day I mean I shampooed -with water - the morning before and this is what it looks like the afternoon after). Oh yes it becomes oily that fast! And that is just the outside part of my hair. Here is the inner part of my hair.

See that?! The inner part is twice as oily as the outside part. And now my trial of the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I had to read the instructions first since this is the first time I'll be using a dry shampoo. The instructions were to spray generously on the roots and throughout the hair and then brush it through the hair to diffuse the powder. The powder will then absorb any excess oils on your hair.


I shook the can and sprayed it onto my roots. See the white stuff on my hair? That's the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. First thing I noticed was the smell. It was really refreshing and fresh. I liked the smell instantly. I can't seem to spray it directly on my roots since I can't see it so that's the best I can do.

I brushed my hair since the powder needed to diffuse throughout my hair.

I added some more since my hair still looks oily. :)


And this is what it looked like after several brushes.

I then focused on the inner part of my hair.


Oops! I sprayed on too much dry shampoo!


It looked better after brushing my hair.

And, this is the final result after using the Not your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I was like "OH YES IT WORKED!" The dry shampoo absorbed some of the oiliness of my hair and left my hair smelling fresh too. I liked it because it was easy to use. My only concern was with my hair type and hair length, I almost used up the entire bottle of the dry shampoo (1.6 oz.). Other than that, I loved the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo and would use it if I needed a quick-fix for my super oily hair. :)

DISCLAIMER:  I am a member of Influenster and have received a complimentary Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo to try and review. All opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment